SMIF invests more than $1.2 million in regional businesses
31 businesses approved for funding in 2018
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Owatonna, Minn., January 7, 2019 – Southern Minnesota Initiative Foundation (SMIF) approved funding from its loan and equity funds to 31 businesses in 2018, investing more than $1.2 million in its 20-county region.
Funding was approved to the following businesses:
Dining and Craft Beverages
- China House Café LLC, Truman (Martin County)
- Evan’s Eatery LLC, New Richland (Waseca County)
- Little Thistle Brewing, Rochester (Olmsted County)
- Pleasant Grove Pizza Farm LLC, Waseca (Waseca County)
- Shawarmania LLC, Mankato (Blue Earth County)
- The Bleu Dog Café, Welch (Goodhue County)
- Trio Coffee Wine & Ale House LLC, Waseca (Waseca County)
Health, Fitness and Beauty
- Daisy Blue Naturals LLC, Albert Lea (Freeborn County)
- Expressions Salon and Spa, Albert Lea (Freeborn County)
- Giddie Skin Medspa, Mankato (Blue Earth County)
- New Identity Barber Shop LLC, Mankato (Blue Earth County)
- Rochester Gymnastics Academy of Minnesota (ROGA) LLC, Rochester (Olmsted County)
- Sollid Yoga, Owatonna (Steele County)
- Advantage Cabinets, Inc., Owatonna (Steele County)
- Amber Patterson Design Company LLC, Mankato (Blue Earth County)
- Greenway Home Improvement, Faribault (Rice County)
- Antonia Navarro, Faribault (Rice County)
- EJ Mushrooms LLC, Kasota (Le Sueur County)
- Brand Yourself LLC, Northfield (Rice County)
- Pippi Lane Boutique, Waseca (Waseca County)
- Heartland Retreat & Rental Hall, Elmore (Faribault County)
- Austin BioSciences LLC, Austin (Mower County)
- Checkmeet Local LLC, Northfield (Rice County)
- Geneticure, Inc., Rochester (Olmsted County)
- GoRout, Rochester (Olmsted County)
- Live.Give.Save., Inc., Red Wing (Goodhue County)
- Marblehead Medical LLC, Rochester (Olmsted County)
- Sonex Health LLC, Rochester (Olmsted County)
- Thaddeus Medical Systems, Inc, Rochester (Olmsted County)
For descriptions and information on financing partners for these loan and equity investments, see smifoundation.org/investments.
SMIF provides a range of finance and management assistance services to start and grow businesses. To learn more, call Marcia Haley at 507-214-7021, firstname.lastname@example.org or Diane Lewis at 507-214-7014, email@example.com.
SMIF is an equal opportunity lender. These loans were funded in part through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration.
About Southern Minnesota Initiative Foundation
Southern Minnesota Initiative Foundation (SMIF), a donor-supported foundation, invests for economic growth in the 20 counties of south central and southeastern Minnesota. The Foundation has provided more than $111 million in grants, loans and programming within the region during the past 32 years. SMIF's key interests include early childhood, community and economic development. To learn more about our work and mission, visit www.smifoundation.org.