The Mapleton Area Foundation (MAF) awards grants to support programs and projects that improve the quality of life and build a stronger sense of community in the Greater Mapleton Area. Recipients must be either a 501 (C)3 organization, unit of government or public agency to apply. If you do not have one of these statutes, please use a fiscal host.
Funding consideration for grants is based on whether programs, organizations or projects fall within the general grants program guidelines. MAF uses the following criteria when reviewing and evaluating applications:
Focus Area – The population directly benefitting from the project is in the greater MAF area.
Need or Impact – There is a demonstrated need in the MAF area.
Collaboration – There is an overall effort to collaborate and pool resources.
Sustainability – There is a reasonable potential of the organization to be able to maintain such
a program or project to make the project a reality.
Measurability – The project has clear goals and outcomes that are measurable.
Grants are reviewed twice a year by a committee consisting of MAF Advisory Board Members and outside partners.
Preference is given to projects that demonstrate potential for long-term community benefit, have the potential for success in achieving their objectives, and encourage partnerships between and among community service groups, non-profit organizations and institutions.
NON FUNDED AREAS
Generally MAF does not make grants to:
The Mapleton Area Foundation will operate without discrimination and will award grants only to agencies and organizations that do not discriminate as to age, race, religion, disability, sex, or national origin.
I have read and comply with the grant application requirements and criteria. To the best of my knowledge, all information provided in this application is true and correct.
Applicant agrees to the following:
1. To spend funds solely for the purpose stated in the application and will refund any unspent portion of such funds.
2. To provide partner match support letter(s) and a final report(s) as required by MAF.
3. Payment of funds granted will be at the discretion of MAF, including cancellation of the grant and/or modification of previously agreed upon payment schedules should such cancellation or modification be deemed necessary by MAF.
4. Understands that MAF, in evaluating this grant application, may review any and all of the information submitted as part of this request with advisers of the Foundation's choosing, as deemed necessary by MAF.
5. A final report must be submitted to MAF at the end of the project.
All financial information will be classified as private and will not be made public at any time.
Grant applications will be reviewed at semi-annually. Applications must be received by March 15th, and September 15th. Grants are reviewed twice a year by a committee consisting of MAF Advisory Board Members and outside partners. You will receive notification within 30 days.