SMIF currently administers 30 community foundations, a type of Affiliate Fund. The community foundations under SMIF’s guidance have granted out over $5.3 million and have netted over $4.2 million in assets to benefit the future of their communities. What have they funded? Everything from technology grants to historic preservation!
Southern Minnesota Initiative Foundation supports community foundations in southern Minnesota by:
- Serving as the legal entity 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation and fiscal agent
- Providing oversight and management of fund development and investment policy
- Providing start-up and staff support and expertise to establish and grow funds, as well as assist in marketing and communications efforts
- Providing oversight of grant making activities that are determined by local fund
- Complying with all relevant state and federal charitable giving rules and regulations
- Managing documentation and filing, certified audits, and liability protection
- Providing ethical and fiduciary responsibility in managing charitable contributions
SMIF’s Community Foundations
Click on each symbol to learn more about the community foundation.
Your Gift Makes A Difference!
The following communities have local funds that are administered with assistance from Southern Minnesota Initiative Foundation. Your generous donation to a local community foundation will support grassroots efforts to make an impact on the lives of those living in our region. Gifts to a community foundation’s endowment fund perpetually provide funding for the foundation now and into the future.
Please select the fund you would like to contribute to below!