What Alden Area Community Foundation Offers
Alden Area Community Foundation offers the opportunity to strengthen the present, honor our history, and make our future more secure through grant making and dealing with community needs, concerns and opportunities.
This foundation starts with a set of general objectives but is a living, changing organization that will reflect the needs and goals of people in the community.
Tentative fields of interest include:
- To promote and enhance education and scholarship
- To encourage arts and humanities
- To preserve and enhance our heritage and environment
- To develop leadership, organization and community skills
- To enhance social, health and family strengths
The foundation will encourage innovative collaborative efforts among people and existing community structures. It will promote volunteerism, seek to leverage received and granted dollars, and create action models to share with other communities.