Why Early Childhood?
We believe that investing in our youngest generation is the smartest long-term investment in the future of our region. SMIF invests over $1.5 million annually to support a variety of early childhood development projects and programs. We clearly see the connection between investing in our youngest children—to prepare them to be the workers, entrepreneurs, and leaders of tomorrow—to our vision of economic prosperity and community vitality in this region.
To achieve our vision of helping more children be ready to learn, we offer:
- Community Coalition Support
- Strategic Donor Partnerships
- Educational seminars and workshops
- Regional and statewide networking
Our Early Childhood Donor Partners
- ABDO Publishing—Reading Rocks!
- Guidecraft—Bookshelves and Story Boxes
- ServeMinnesota—AmeriCorps LEAP
- Scholastic Books—Reading Oasis